R E F L E C T I O N


Happy New Year!!
A lot has happened in 2016 and despite what a lot of people have said, I quite enjoyed it. 

G i r l s  H o l i d a y 

Back in May, me and some uni friends decided to go on holiday together and decided to go to Corfu. This was my first proper holiday as when I usually go away I go to visit family and stay in a house, whereas on this holiday it was an actual holiday! I particularly loved this holiday because it wasn't your typical 'girls holiday' where we went out every night, instead we decided to explore Corfu and it was beautiful to say the least. 

P a s s i n g   F i r s t   Y e a r

I'm now a second year Beauty Promotion student but I managed to pass first year with a 2:1 and was very close to a first, which is something i'm quite proud of. During first year I actually learned a lot of the basics to help me with second and third year. One of my favourite things that I achieved last year was that I managed to do hair and makeup for a shoot, the photography, editing and also wrote a magazine article to go along with the editorial and advertising images.

G e t t i n g   A   U n i   H o u s e

So during first year I stayed in halls and can honestly say I had the best experience ever, I loved it so much! However halls is typically for first year students so it was time to find a house. Me and my 6 other friends went on to find a house and we love it, it's so different to living in halls and makes you somewhat more independent and has already became our home.

F i r s t   T a t t o o

I've been wanting a tattoo for the longest time however I finally plucked up the courage to finally get one. I've always know what I'd get if I were to get a tattoo and thats the Om symbol as it's very meaningful to me (even though not all tattoos need to be meaningful). I always get asked if it hurt and to be honest, because I was so excited I didn't really feel the pain and I think that's because of the adrenaline rush. I do want more tattoos however i'm not 100% sure as to what I would like yet.

P a s s i n g   My   D r i v i n g   T e s t

So 2016 was the year I finally passed my driving test and got a car! I first started to learn how to drive when I turned 17 and then took my first test in September 2015. I failed and didn't have any lessons or even attempt to drive a car again until summer this year, once I'd come home from uni. I practiced in my own car and managed to pass second time, right before I moved back to uni so the timing was good.

D u b a i   &   I n d i a

Another highlight of 2016 for me was that I went away to Dubai and then India. I went with my family to go visit other family and I had such a good time! I have travelled to both Dubai and India previously but the experience was different for me this time, I feel like it really opened my eyes as to how different places can be.

G e n e r a l

I feel like i've generally grown as a person this year. I'm more independent and confident than i've ever been and i've learnt so much.

kit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram