MY TOP 3 RED LIPSTICKS FOR INDIAN / OLIVE / WARM SKIN TONES


A red lipstick can make you feel so much more confidant and is always on trend for whatever the occasion. Not every singe red lipstick looks good on everyone so here is a guide to my top three red lipsticks for Indian/olive/warm skin tones. The key to finding the right red lipstick for you is to know your undertones. Red lipsticks with more orange / coral tones tend to suit my skin tone better than red lipsticks with a blue undertone.



MAC So Chaud - £15.50 (10% student discount online) 

So Chaud is the first red lipstick I have ever bought and is definitely my go to. This lipstick has a matte finish and is an orange red, which I personally love on a warmer skin tone. My favourite way to wear this lipstick in the day is with glowy, bronzed skin with bronzer on the eyelid with eyeliner and mascara. This lipstick is also very good on a night out and looks really good with an all black outfit as it really stands out.


Topshop Velvet Lips – Velveteen Ribbon
Velveteen Ribbon is the darkest and most matte of the three lipsticks so if you have dry lips I would avoid this one however, because of the formula, it is extremely long lasting and doesn’t even come off with makeup remover (I’d recommend using oil or an oil based remover). This shade is a deep wine burgundy shade and I love wearing this one during Autumn/Winter.


Charlotte Tilbury - Red Carpet Red £24.00  

This is the most expensive of the three however I managed to get this lipstick with its matching lip liner, eyeliner and wonder glow sample for £20 at Bicester village. This lipstick also has a matte finish which is comfortable on the lips. This red is the most true to a red lipstick that I own and have been told this one looks best on me.

What are your favourite red lipsticks? 

kit

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Skin tone

    ReplyDelete

Instagram