CHOP & CHANGE





Just before the New Year I decided to cut my hair and anyone who knows me knows this is a big deal. One night I was sat at home and out of nowhere the thought of me cutting my hair just got stuck in my head. I went on Pinterest and started looking up some hair inspo and since then it was all I could think about.
A couple days later I went to my hairdressers and decided to cut it just above chest level which was considerably short for me. I was happy with the result and started experimenting with different hairstyles as I couldn’t really do much other than straighten or curl it before.

I then went back in the New Year to get my highlights re done and whilst I was there, I decided to get 2/3 more inches cut off. I have not had my hair this short since I started secondary school, which, was a good 9 years ago, but I have to say I love it. I can do so much more with my hair now and it is full of volume. When I look back at old pictures, I now notice how flat my hair looked at the top of my head because it was being weighed down.

As previously mentioned, I got some lighter highlights put through as my roots needed touching up and I am loving the tones in my hair at the moment. I know how difficult it is to want to dye Asian hair lighter without it going ginger and I often get asked where I get my hair coloured so I thought I would with you all, especially those of you with Asian hair. I’ve always get my hair done in Coventry at a place called Headmasters and I would highly recommend to you all. If any of you are considering cutting your hair, do it! at the end of the day it's only hair and will grow back but if you have long hair and want to go short, it may be better to gradually get it cut shorter each time you go.  

kit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram